LAGUNA provides legal counsel to give legal certainty to projects and programs that reduce greenhouse gases (GHG) and related carbon credit transactions.
LAGUNA advises the investor, the project developer, the buyer or the seller of carbon credits in relevant transactions.
Our attorneys have over 10 years of experience providing legal advice to projects that tackle climate change in different parts of the world, thus supporting public and private sectors in Mexico, Europe and the United States. We are pioneers in the area, and the advice provided by our lawyers has received international recognitions.
The legal services provided include:
- Legal advice for the implementation and development of projects and programs that reduce GHG, including the certification processes for the generation of carbon credits under a chosen scheme (Kyoto Protocol, Climate Action Reserve, regional programs, voluntary programs, etc.).
- Developing joint venture agreements for the implementation of projects.
- Advice and drafting of emissions reduction purchase agreements (ERPAs).
- Development of legal audits to GHG reduction projects or programs.
- Legal advice for the implementation of Programmatic CDMs. (Clean Development Mechanisms)
- Legal advice for the implementation of sectorial Green House Gas reductions (Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions).
LAGUNA provides advice to national, state and local governments as well as international agencies in the implementation of policies of mitigation and adaptation to climate change.