Below are our success stories and the most representative cases undertaken by our lawyers
- Legal counsel to a U.S. company, part of a consortium, which won a tender to construct and operate the world’s largest wastewater treatment plant (la Planta de Atotonilco).
- Obtainment of an environmental impact approval for a tourism project with multimillion-dollar investment in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur.
- Obtainment of the amendment of an environmental impact authorization of a marina fuel station, reducing a relevant economic contingency.
- For an international fund, performance of an investment feasibility analysis of an infrastructure project involving more than 8 billion gallons of water. It established the legal impediments and thus prevented the investment.
- For a coastal tourism project, renewal of the Mexican Federal Maritime Zone concession, for triple the time initially allowed.
- Regularization of developments in areas of Mexican Federal Zones and River Basins for an important real estate developer.
- Obtainment of work permits in the Federal Maritime Zone for a coastal tourism project.
- Development of an environmental audit for the sale of hotel property to an international hotel group.
- Environmental legal audits for industrial plants for an automotive parts company and regularization of its compliance obligations.
- Environmental audits and strategy development for an important tourism development of 1800 acres, 3 golf courses and 3 five star hotels.
- Environmental legal advice regarding an energy company co-generation plant and liquefied natural gas storage.
- Development of a legal strategy for the operator of a municipal wastewater treatment plant, to obtain a place for the sludge final disposal.
- Legal structure, agreement and operation rules of the Mexico City’s Climate Change Fund, for the investigation centre “Mario Molina” and Mexico City’s Government.
- Development of the agreements to be subscribed between Mexican Government and Federal Entities, Municipalities, Private Entities, and Civil Organizations, respectively, for their participation in the “Mexican Special Program on Climate Change”. Prepared for the Ministry of Environment Mexico (SEMARNAT) and funded by the Inter-American Development Bank (BID).
- Operation rules of the National Climate Change Fund for SEMARNAT.
- Development of a proposal of legal framework for an Emissions’ Market in Mexico, as well as the legal framework and negotiation of Bilateral Agreements to sale and purchase off-sets by the Mexican Government, including the proposal of such agreements. Both were prepared for SEMARNAT and funded by the BID.
- Participation in the group of consultants who assisted the Committee on the Environment and Natural Resources of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies in preparing the opinion of the General Law on Climate Change and elaboration of the law initiative.
- Development of a legal strategy for the implementation of the first program in the world registered by the United Nations that reduces greenhouse gases as a Clean Development Mechanism (Programmatic CDM) generating Certified Emission Reductions (CERs).
- Legal counsel to FIRA-Bank of Mexico for the implementation of its two Programmatic CDMs.
- Advisor to Financiera Rural for the implementation of its Programmatic CDM.
- Legal counsel to two government entities in the implementation of three Programmatic CDMs (the consultation is continuing and confidentiality issues prevent disclosure of names).
- Development of a Legal Guide for Coordinating Entities for the implementation of Programmatic CDMs funded and published by the German Agency GIZ.
- Legal counsel to Greengas Americas Inc., in negotiations and contract development regarding Clean Development Mechanisms projects in Mexico.
- Legal advice to BP Gas Marketing for the execution of Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements (ERPA)s in Mexico.
- Legal audits on behalf of a European government regarding the purchase of CERs from a Clean Development Mechanism project.
- Legal assistance to ECOSUR, BIONERSIS, CARBONIUM (European consultants and developers of CDM projects) for projects in Latin America (Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Argentina).
- Legal assistance to ECOSUR in a project for Voluntary Emission Reductions (Turkey).
- Advice to the National Association of Centers for Refrigerant Recycling for the implementation of a destruction project of CFC gases under the scheme of the Climate Action Reserve.
* In some cases, due to confidentiality, no names are given.